Fire TV is a digital media player developed by Amazon. This is a small device that allows you to stream audio and video content on your high definition TV. You can also play video games on Amazon Fire TV. It is second in its line with an improved processor and 4K UHD streaming, it also has Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound. This is a set top box so don’t confuse with it Amazon Fire TV stick. It has several features like an expandable USB storage, it connects to Wifi automatically and lets you stream your favourite content, with Amazon Fire TV everything is secure and you can also connect your bluetooth headphones for private listening as well. You can reap the benefits of your prime membership which offers you the exclusive shows, songs and movies. New shortcuts have been added which come handy while mirroring your display or putting it into sleep mode. If you are looking for an upgrade then this is what you should go for.
Plex is a media player app which is available for several platforms like Windows, mac OS, Linux and other NAS devices. This app basically has it all, you can watch movies, tv shows, podcasts, listen to your favourite music. There is also a premium monthly paid version which is called Plex Pass, this gives you access to additional features like synchronization with mobile devices, you can store your favorite content on cloud, multiple users can use the same account and benefit. It has Live TV and DVR. Note that this app needs a stable internet connection or Wifi to work.
Download Plex for Amazon Fire TV
- Fire up your Amazon Fire TV and select ‘search’ located on top left in the navigation bar.
- Type Plex and go.
- Open the app menu and tap on Download.
- Once the app is installed, launch it and get done with the configuration.
- Now you will be redirected to the Login screen.
- Now sign in with your Plex account and you will receive a PIN.
- Open your plex account on another device and link your account.
- Now you can enjoy all your favourite content on your Amazon Fire TV using Plex.